Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: senseless violence

Post Thanks / Like

senseless violence

May the good lord bless and keep those harmed in this last act of stupidity.
    Those who beat their swords into plow shares normally end up plowing for those who didnt.

2. Likes Timmy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do we license or change the laws to prevent what happened here in my beloved Texas?

I carry a gun because I am licensed to do so. Because I also carry a badge I am always on duty and required by law to always carry. As I hold a class 3 permit I can carry a silenced machine gun, not that I would, but I do own one.

Can we make common sense gun laws to prevent what happened in Vegas or here in Texas? To just ban guns only puts guns in the hands of people who flaunt the law. Is there an option?
    Those who beat their swords into plow shares normally end up plowing for those who didnt.

4. Likes Timmy liked this post
    Something Far More Sinister Miranda's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not an expert on this topic and I know that collectors can be passionate about what they collect. But this event absolutely could not have happened in the way it did (fewer people would have been shot) if the weapon hadn't been what it was. Common sense legislation would allow common sense self defense but not the accumulation of weapons of war, in my opinion. I don't want to get in an argument about this, but that's my opinion.

I am really sorry that this happened close to home for you and others here.

6. Likes Timmy liked this post
    Senor Special Agent Timmy "The Tentacle" Empanada Timmy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This happened less than 25 miles from me but i never heard of sutherland springs.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like a very small town.

Senor Special Agent Timmy "The Tentacle" Empanada Timmy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    It sounds like a very small town.
    Apparently its near La Vernia. La Vernia is a very small town -- around 1,000. We would probably call Sutherland Springs "down around La Vernia"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I think SS has 300 people, so probably almost more like a neighborhood.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Trump added that if the Good Samaritan didn’t have a gun, “instead of having 26 dead, you would have had hundreds more dead.”"

Thank God for the Good Samaritan.

http://time.com/5013032/trump-texas-...wsletter-brief

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    "Trump added that if the Good Samaritan didn’t have a gun, “instead of having 26 dead, you would have had hundreds more dead.”"

Thank God for the Good Samaritan.

http://time.com/5013032/trump-texas-...wsletter-brief
    I agree the guy did a good thing.

I also know there are a lot of hunters in rural Texas that own rifles and I understand and support that.

The thing that puzzles me, though is why people who live in towns in the sticks with 300 people think they need guns to protect themselves from violent criminals but when I lived in an apartment building in a big city where I could watch my heavily tattooed neighbors hide small packages in the air filters of their cars every trip they took and I never thought I needed to own a gun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I agree the guy did a good thing.

I also know there are a lot of hunters in rural Texas that own rifles and I understand and support that.

The thing that puzzles me, though is why people who live in towns in the sticks with 300 people think they need guns to protect themselves from violent criminals but when I lived in an apartment building in a big city where I could watch my heavily tattooed neighbors hide small packages in the air filters of their cars every trip they took and I never thought I needed to own a gun.
    Mental health problems are more severe in rural Texas.