Page 141 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1434

Thread: Things I seen on the internets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone explain to me why they play the national anthem before sporting events?
    "My eyes are up here"

B*r*a*n*d*i*n*e

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandine View Post
    Can someone explain to me why they play the national anthem before sporting events?
    To fill the empty void with more of the same.

Joan Baez thinks we can fill the empty void of Trump by people of conscience using their voices of empathy. She correctly in my opinion thinks Trump's being (and voice) only consists of narcissism and the young people at the protest she is at are filling that void:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandine View Post
    Because sporting events are symbolic tribal wars and the national anthem, besides being a really awful-sounding song, is a war cry. They should change it to This Land Is My Land or at least My Country Tis of Thee.

Senor Special Agent Timmy "The Tentacle" Empanada Timmy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miranda must have stubbed her toe and gotten banned again. She ought to go work for Fox. HA!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NotMiranda View Post
    Because sporting events are symbolic tribal wars and the national anthem, besides being a really awful-sounding song, is a war cry. They should change it to This Land Is My Land or at least My Country Tis of Thee.
    Yeah they should change it although My Country tis of thee is just God Save the Queen with different words. They should use America the Beautiful or something by John Phillips Sousa but if they changed it to anything it would be God Bless America. Yuck. This land is my land might be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Moore said on the vote: "God has put me in this election at this time, and all the nation is watching."

Mr Moore, 70, is best known for losing his position as the state's top judge twice. The first time, he had flouted a court order to remove a Ten Commandments monument from the courthouse.

When the people of Alabama elected him to the court again, he was suspended a second time for defying the US Supreme Court's 2015 ruling legalising gay marriage.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41409983

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

Mr Moore said on the vote: "God has put me in this election at this time, and all the nation is watching."

Mr Moore, 70, is best known for losing his position as the state's top judge twice. The first time, he had flouted a court order to remove a Ten Commandments monument from the courthouse.

When the people of Alabama elected him to the court again, he was suspended a second time for defying the US Supreme Court's 2015 ruling legalising gay marriage.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41409983
    Word on the farm is that horse is gay.

Post Thanks / Like

You know how conservatives treat the ACLU as a bogeyman, as if the group is going to eradicate religion from society? It’s easy for liberals to laugh that off because we know the ACLU has no intention of doing anything of the sort. It’s just another right-wing lie.

Well, Roy Moore really is everything liberals have feared.

He is someone who, if elected this December, will place his hand on the Bible and swear to uphold… the Bible.

Moore wants to make it illegal for gay men to sleep together. He suggested that 9/11 was the result of godlessness is our society. He installed a Ten Commandments monument in the state Supreme Court in the middle of the night, then refused to remove it. He told probate judges they didn’t have to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples even when it was legal. He said evolution was incompatible with our Constitution. He said Keith Ellison shouldn’t be allowed in Congress because he’s a practicing Muslim.

He doesn’t give a damn about the law he’s supposed to uphold. He never has. If the Bible conflicts with the Constitution, Moore would find it heretical to side with the Constitution — even as a member of Congress.

This is terrible news for our country. Even if you think Moore is and always will be a fluke, a better electorate never would have let him come this close to Capitol Hill.

I know this sounds trite, but please donate to the Democrat Doug Jones. It doesn’t matter if you don’t love him — even though you should since he’s a prosecutor who has gone after domestic terrorists and KKK members who murdered people. Do it as a way to fight back against a man who, if given the power, would put gay people in jail, force public school districts to recite Christian prayers every morning, and personally tear down every brick in the wall of separation between church and state.

https://dougjonesforsenate.com/

Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...XpsKAVAeYzD.99

10. Likes NotMiranda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Word on the farm is that horse is gay.
    It's not gay, it's just into sheep.