Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David Love & Lone Ranger Defy Mask Law

Post Thanks / Like

David Love & Lone Ranger Defy Mask Law

Montreal ORG protest was tiny compared to the usual 20 or so. About 17-20 showed up but were deterred by Montreal Police from attending protest while wearing masks. Police stated they would issue $500 fines if masks were worn. Two of us protested with masks but police held off with writing fines.

Uploaded by Intelligenceplus on May 27, 2012

May 27, 2012 - David Love and Lone Ranger defy new Montreal mask law which bans the wearing of masks. Every person has fundamental freedoms, including freedom of conscience, freedom of religion, freedom of opinion, freedom of expression, freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of association. This Charter Right ensures the security for any individual under the Act whose life, safety and security is subjected to a real threat of danger, personal safety and freedom from the stated policies of the Church of Scientology violate. The city of Montreal has imposed their own version of law while violating other more important, intrinsic rights and freedoms protected under the Quebec Charter. A 39 page formal complaint, will be submitted to the Quebec Human Rights Commission Monday morning, May 28, 2012 by David Edgar Love.

Thirty-nine (39) page formal complaint is now ready for submission to Human Rights ommission Monday morning.

EXCERPT:

Quebec Human Rights Commission

RE: Formal Complaint – Charter Rights and Freedoms - Violations

May 28, 2012

To whom it may concern,

I, David Edgar Love, hereby file this formal complaint against the City of Montreal and the Montreal Police department for the following violations under the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms.

The city of Montreal rushed this new bylaw and did not consider the sweeping affect it would have in violating the rights and freedoms of Montreal’s citizens. For example, what will the police do at Halloween on October 31, 2012? Are they going to give the children and parents $500 fines for wearing masks? What about on New Year’s Eve? Are the Police going to give $500 fines to those who wear a constume or mask to a party?

Montreal Police “discretion” amounts to Police “discrimination” and constitutes a breach in Right to equality. The Charter seeks to guarantee all individuals' protection against any form of illegal discrimination. Thus, articles 10 and 10.1 state that every person has a right to full and equal recognition and exercise of his or her rights and freedoms without distinction based on specific criteria.

I file this formal complaint on the grounds that the new Montreal City bylaw violates my freedoms under the Quebec Charter, thus placing myself and others in danger of physical harm and threats from the Church of Scientology.

I suggest a swift and amicable solution to this complaint, would be an amendment to this oppressive and illegal new bylaw that would make exceptions to the wearing of masks in certain special cases. I also suggest that the Montreal Police and city of Montreal powers to be, would agree to such a resolution forthwith.

In the interim, while waiting for a decision and agreement, I ask that you instruct the city of Montreal and the Montreal Police, to refrain from writing any $500 fines against Scientology Church protestors who invoke their Charter Rights of peaceful assembly and expression.

The Charter and expansive versions of the federal and provincial human rights codes were supposed to safeguard the human rights and fundamental freedoms of Canadians. Experiment in radical constitutional reform has failed because judicial activists and human rights adjudicators have viewed the Charter as a licence to impose their ideological preferences on the law rather than uphold the law as originally understood. The city of Montreal has imposed their own version of law while violating other more important, intrinsic rights and freedoms protected under the Quebec Charter.

Post Thanks / Like
    David kidda yous 'uv Cockweights of Steel
    And aren't afraid o' anyth'n
    "Dun let yous Dingle Dangle "

3. Likes Tangerine liked this post
    Something Far More Sinister Miranda's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh oh, Scouser in the house.

5. Likes Ben Grimm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Police were great - they even smiled and chuckled a wee bit about the France recent COS convictions
    being upheld. They understood that I worked for the Montreal Examiner and that I knew Humans Rights
    laws well and wrote about them often. It was kind of a mutual agreement between them and I, that I
    would wear the mask and I would receive a ticket. The Police wanted clarification of the new law from a Judge,
    so they could apply it fairly, allowing us to wear masks.

Bur after I informed them I would be filing a formal complaint with Human Rights Commission, they got on their
    Radio for advice from their Commader/Legal Rep. I think they backed off the ticket because they didn't want to face
    more litigation than they already were by violating the Quebec Charter. These Cops are smart

Now the battle begins and we WILL WIN:-)

7. Likes Ben Grimm, JustMe, Tangerine, Miranda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    David Love & Mummy Defy Mask Law (Subtitiles)

Published on May 28, 2012 by Intelligenceplus

(With French to English Subtitles at 3:21 and 5:12)

May 27, 2012 - David Love and Lone Ranger defy new Montreal mask law which bans the wearing of masks. Every person has fundamental freedoms, including freedom of conscience, freedom of religion, freedom of opinion, freedom of expression, freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of association. This Charter Right ensures the security for any individual under the Act whose life, safety and security is subjected to a real threat of danger, personal safety and freedom from the stated policies of the Church of Scientology violate. The city of Montreal has imposed their own version of law while violating other more important, intrinsic rights and freedoms protected under the Quebec Charter. A 39 page formal complaint, will be submitted to the Quebec Human Rights Commission Monday morning, May 28, 2012 by David Edgar Love.

9. Likes Ben Grimm, Tangerine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scientology No Love for David

Published on May 30, 2012 by Intelligenceplus

May 30, 2012 - "Bugger Off And Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass" - Police were called to attend Mini Solo Raid at Montreal Church of Scientology ORG on the church side of the street. COS staff came out, told David Love to go away. Lots of fun talking to pedestrians.

11. Likes Tangerine, Ben Grimm liked this post
    Epic Poetic Golden Lurker Ben Grimm's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    David Love. Angry Gay Pope for the the new age.
    grrrrrrr!

13. Likes Intelligence liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL "I'm within my rights ... it's okay." They leave.
    Last edited by Tangerine; 05-30-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    David Love. Angry Gay Pope for the the new age.
    Love keeps it classy. No comparison. If he does go there every third day, he's the new sparrow.

16. Likes jensting liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    Love keeps it classy. No comparison. If he does go there every third day, he's the new sparrow.
    LOL - nobody can compare to Sparrow or Gay Pope, but I like to immitate a wee bit of both - - with a dash of Love

Getting ready to catch bus back down now (toda) - it's Stats time in two (2) hours - LOL

18. Likes Miranda, Ben Grimm liked this post